World 1,000 Meter DEM and Convert Utility
- Areas of the World can be interactively selected.
- The World database is comprised of the entire surface of the World at 1,000 meter resolution in seamless DEM format. The database equaling 3 Gigabytes of decompressed DEM Data, representing 933 million elevation points. For more information on the World DEM database resource click here. This database is supplied in our proprietary compressed PSB format as part of the MapRender3D software package. For the World elevation databases are presented in five variations:
World 1,000 meter resolution - 43,200 x 21,600 points
Using the Convert utility, extraction of an area as small as one degree by one degree would yield 120 x 120 elevation points or pixels when rendered into an image. For MapRender3D, an extraction of a maximum 40 x 40 degrees blocks are recommended. Resulting rendered images may be patched together to provide wider area coverage providing projection parameters and color palettes have been coordinated.
World 2,000 meter resolution - 21,600 x 10,800 points
World 4,000 meter resolution - 10,800 x 5,400 points
World 10,000 meter resolution - 4,320 x 2,160 points
Ocean floor 10,000 meter resolution - 4,320 x 2,160 points
World DEM database coverage and rendered in a "Cartographic" style
- Each DEM database is supplied with MapRenderŽ Convert allowing interactive selection of the specified area, defined by upper and lower latitude, and East and West longitude, to be extracted. The following projections are supported, with full parameter selection:
- All files are exported as standard USGS DEM format. A sample DEM file is available for testing with other rendering software.
- Albers Conical Equal Area
- Equidistant Conic A
- Equidistant Conic B
- General Vertical Near-side Perspective
- Interrupted Goode
- Interrupted Mollweide
- Lambert Azimuthal
- Lambert Conformal Conic
- Millar Cylindrical
- Polar Stereographic
- State Plane
- Transverse Mercator
- Van der Grinten
- Wagner IV
- Wagner VII
- MapRender3D Pro and Convert utility are available for Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000 and XP.
- MapRender3DŽ Pro + World 1,000 Meter DEM (2 CD's) - $295
- MapRender3DŽ Pro + World 1,000 Meter DEM + USA 100 Meter DEM CD's or DVD (4 CD's or 2 CD's + 1 DVD) - $395
PRODUCT ORDERING OPTIONS
FREE DEMO DOWNLOAD